Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mid-Feb Fitness

It's Feb 15th, and I'm enjoying some winter fitness.  The burning question is - am I peaking too soon?  My Albanian trainer, Bora Dordana, (aka 'Larry') is a little concerned based on my recent power numbers I sent him.  But I will do some recovery rollerblading to ensure I don't push over the top.  I worked some double shifts at the Cracker Barrel so my legs are sore from running to get raspberry iced tea refills and loaded potato skins.  But the extra money is good and will go towards my new TREK and aero helmet.
There are a lot of on-line coupons out there, so please use them, no point in paying full price at the lovely eating establishments that go across our country.
I just put on some carbon water bottle cages, some see these as a luxury, but I see them as a necessity.  They save precious grams, look very European, and my bottles go in and out smoothly.  I would recommend to any racer out there.
I have some good friends that are very strong cyclists and they have said my sprint position (that I have been working on) is super European.  When I go to Europe to race, I will probably go for the sprinter's jersey in most races versus the leader's jersey.  Although, if I drop 8 kilograms, my watts per kilogram will be in line with some European pros, so maybe I'll do that. 
Lastly, I won three sprints in the weekly group ride.  I felt very strong and played it very well.  One stop light had turned, but when it's 'game on' my focus is Zen like and I wanted the win(s) and got them!  I beat some strong regional riders so that's a good sign of things to come.
Off to go do some stretching and eat some Cracker Barrel leftovers.  I might watch a cycling DVD for some extra inspriation for the next hard workout that's coming up.
I just ordered some European bar tape, so I'll let everyone know when I get it.  Several pro teams use this stuff and it has a nice thin layer of gel for the cobblestones, I've seen it in some of the DVD's I watch.  Let's say it will match my black Performance road shoes. Don't stop believing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment