Monday, March 28, 2011

Good spring form

Entered the Citizen's 'B' race at the local Tri-State Metro Regional Area Bike League.....and yeah, I rocked it for 9th place.  If my ceramic bearings were installed on my front wheel I probably could have gotten Top 5.  I felt solid and aero, and my new bar tape is great.  Thought about wearing my CamelBack (under my jersey) as this was a longer race (35 mins + 2 laps), but opted for a regular sized bidon.
My power is flowing like some vintage Sutter Home wine.  When I dig deep, I just ask my legs for the power and they deliver.  Might upgrade to Citizen's 'A' if this continues.
The girl at work is really cool.  I caught her reading my 'Bicycling' magazine and she casually put it down when I came strolling up to see what the Soups of the Day were.  I helped her roll 100 napkins with silverware and we talked about going to the STYX concert this summer or Huey Lewis & The News.  She wears the biking socks I got her and a LIVESTRONG bracelet, so yea.....life is good on that front.
Saw Fabs won some race in Belgium, pretty cool effort.  I wonder if my watts are higher?  Race had some odd alpha-numeric name, European style. 
Getting tired, need to go prop the legs up for optimal recovery.  Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment